Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return
Published: 18 June 2023
1) Date of announcement: Sunday 18 June 2022
2) Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2023, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Andrew Funnell, Parish Clerk, Lindfield Parish Council, Clock Tower House, Lindfield Enterprise Park, Lindfield, West Sussex RH16 2LH 01444 484115 or email@example.com
commencing on: Monday 19 June 2022
and ending on: Friday 28 July 2022
3) Local government electors and their representatives also have:
• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
• The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4) The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
Moore (Ref AP/HD)
Minerva Business Park
This announcement is made by: Tracy Ely, Responsible Financial Officer