The Environment and Amenities Committee meets every two months and has specific responsibility for:
- Looking after some 45 lighting columns in the village and, in conjunction with our contractors, Streetlights.
- Maintaining the public toilets in Denmans Lane.
- Undertaking general maintenance in the village to seats, bins, bollards etc. and planting up and maintain tubs of flowers etc.
- Arranging for extra garden maintenance to be carried out in the Medical Centre car park
- Running the Denmans Lane Allotments site.
- Maintaining the King Edward Hall clock.
- Providing and maintaining bus shelters.
- Organising the Christmas Festival night (and to erecting lights in the High Street trees over the Christmas period when possible).
- To maintain the Village Archive collection